Pakistan: An investment Paradise
- Pakistan is emerging as a major destination for foreign investment owing to its ideal geo-strategic location, a mostly young population of 220 million, rising middle class and a friendly investment regime where:
- All sectors of the economy are open for investment (except following business sectors: Arms and Ammunition, High Explosives, Radioactive substances, Security Printing, Currency & Mint and Alcoholic Beverages).
- 100 percent foreign equity is allowed with no restriction on remittance of royalty, technical and franchise fee, dividends, capital and foreign gains.
- Special incentives for investment in the Special Economic Zones (SEZ) established under Pakistan-China Economic Corridor including Duty and tax concessions on import of machinery and equipment for setup of units/plants and other attractive fiscal incentives,
- Pakistan has signed Bilateral Agreements on Protection of Investment with 46 countries.
- Priority sectors for Foreign Investment are Food Processing, Textiles, Logistics, Automobiles, Information Technology, Housing & Construction, and Tourism & Hospitality.
- Board of Investment
- Gawadar Development Authority